Traditional weavers create these handwoven placemats from a blend of the bark of the banana plant and cotton.
A banana plant bears fruit only once in its lifetime. Treated as agricultural waste, banana plants once headed to landfills when the fruit was harvested. However, we’ve created a sustainable and reusable process to transform the banana bark into strong, durable ropes. The ropes are twisted by hand and woven into exquisite handmade placemats.
The soft strawberry color will add a flare to your table setting.
Spoil yourself or gift a loved one!
A Fair Trade product. Handmade by artisans in India.
- Banana plant fiber and cotton blend
- Handwoven on traditional handlooms
- Crafted by rural weavers from South India
- Wipe clean with damp cloth, spot clean with soap solution, dry in shade
- Renewable, durable and sustainable
- Set of 4
Size: 13" x 19"