Traditional weavers create our choice handwoven placemats from a blend of the banana bark plant and cotton.
Banana plants bear fruit only once in its lifetime. Treated as agricultural waste, banana plants headed for landfills once the fruit was harvested. However, in its new avatar, the plant has been transformed into strong, durable, and renewable ropes, twisted by hand, used in the creation of these exquisite handmade placemats. Spoil yourself or gift a loved one!!
A Fair Trade product. Handmade by artisans in India.
- Banana plant fiber and cotton blend
- Handwoven on traditional handlooms
- Crafted by rural weavers from South India
- Wipe clean with damp cloth, spot clean with soap solution, dry in shade
- Renewable, durable and sustainable.
Size: 13" x 19"
Set of 4